Saturday mornings in our house are pretty routine. Michael and Caden wake up at the crack of dawn and mom sleeps in. But last Saturday was a little different. I woke up at 7 a.m. and went downstairs to find my sweet little boy playing quietly at the kitchen table. I sat down next to him and said "Good morning sweetie...how are you?" He replied "Good" as usual. I start to walk away and I hear "Mom, I need to tell you something scary".
Ut oh. I sit back down.
"What's that honey?"
"Well...yesterday....when I was at school...Samantha's dad came up to me."
"When? While you were on the playground? After school?"
"After school...at the CDC."
"How come? What did he say?"
"I don't remember...nevermind."
"Caden, mommy needs to know what happened. You can tell me."
"Well, Samantha was being mean and making fun of me."
"And...."
"And I made fun of her back"
"What did Samantha say?"
"She said 'You're fat'
"And what did you say back to her?"
"I don't want to tell you"
"What did you say bubba?"
"I said 'Your mom's fat'
For the record, I had a much better poker face than my husband did when Caden and I told him the whole story at dinner. The shock factor got the best of him.
Oh my gosh, thats hilarious! I wonder where he gets his humor from, huh? ;-)
ReplyDeleteSarah Aaltje
Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love that you have a blog! Now I can "know" your life. Love it!
ReplyDelete