A couple mornings ago, I found Caden in his room digging through his "piggy bank" mumbling "Uhhh, I don't have any ones", so I said "What do you need ones for?" and with a cheeky grin he replied "I can't tell you". I gave him the three dollars and didn't ask any questions ; ) Now there's a present under the tree for Mom and Dad. Too cute.
I just love Christmas. It's such a joyful time of year, especially for kids. I have so many great memories...running around Christmas tree lots with my sisters in search of the perfect tree, coming home to decorate and singing my heart out to Mariah Carey's Christmas album, sitting in the living room after everyone's gone to bed and marveling at the lights and the smell of the pine tree....ahhhh. It's the perfect setting. Everything about it just makes you feel warm and cozy inside.
Now don't get me wrong, every Christmas season I walk a fine line between "Fa la la la la" and "Bah, Humbug". The traffic, and rain, and crowds of RUDE people really test my best intentions to be Christlike and merry. Not to mention the added stress of buying gifts for everyone. I constantly have to check myself and make sure I'm still celebrating the real meaning of Christmas and not all the hoopla.
And I can honestly say that I'm still amazed at God's incredible love for me. That he would send His son to earth to ransom me, to give me the ultimate gift of freedom and true life with Him filled with peace, HOPE and love.
Happy Birthday Jesus! We love you!
I feel exactly the same way. :) Well said!
ReplyDelete